Monday, January 13, 2014

HELLO INTERNET WORLD!

So I don't know any other way to introduce an health and exercise blog other than this:



     So I did it. I started a blog and I am not really sure how I feel about it. What is even worse is this is a blog about health, fitness, and exercise. I am actually one of THOSE people now... In my defense, I am not writing this blog to impress or to show off my wonderful accomplishments. This blog will NOT have pictures of me drinking coffee in Italy, crossing the finish line of a 100 mile race, or even videos of me lifting weights. Shocker to find in an amateur blog, right? The purpose of this blog is almost more for me than it is for you who read it.

This is what I live for!
     I have slowly discovered, with the help of my girlfriend Tayla, that I am what some people might call a nerd. I was the student that actually read my anatomy book for fun, I also bought an anatomy coloring book (for fun). I relished in the time I got to spend in the lab in college. I miss reading peer reviewed articles about the bodies response to exercise. I recently just told Tayla that I missed Anatomy class. I mean what 23 year old guy misses memorizing and labeling nerves? This guy. Well actually, bones and muscles are my favorite but still.  So as I write out my thoughts, research found, and interesting facts about the human body I hope that you can gain something  from what I say.
 
     While I write this for me, I also have discovered that there are many people out there with very wrong and ill-gotten ideas about health and fitness. There are so many diets, exercise crazes, and pills out there I can see why people are sometimes confused about their own health. So one of my goals of this blog is to correct some miss-information, debunk popular myths, and give easy and practical tips to become a healthier individual.  So another question you might have for me "Why the name Smart FITT"? Well smart, because that is how you will feel after you read this blog and FITT stands for Frequency, Intensity, Time, and Type. This is the acronym used and loved by personal trainers and academics to tell how much and how often you should do different types of exercises such as cardio, weight training, flexibility etc. This blog will help piece together and give advice about the correct, smart (duh), and proper ways to train and live a healthy life.So, as I wrote above, this blog is for me to get my inner nerd out and hopefully as I do that, you will gain some important knowledge and see how interesting the body can be. My goal is to not judge, laugh at, or make you feel dumb but to instruct and show you how easy and fun living a healthy lifestyle can be!

PS. Look forward to my first topic: Can you actually spot reduce fat?

PPS. Feel free to comment and suggest topics or questions that you have!

No comments:

Post a Comment